Wednesday 11 January 2012

Photo of the Day: Week 2


Marilyn Monroe reading a script

I know there are some people that don't understand the hype that is/was Marilyn Monroe. Last Saturday I watched Some Like It Hot, which was hilarious. I went to an exhibit called "Marilyn in Canada" over the summer, browsing the photographs and reading the stories, and that made me become really interested in Monroe as a person.

I just recently began reading Fragments, a book filled with poems, intimate notes, and letters, all personally done by Monroe. It feels like such an invasion of privacy to read into someones own personal notes and letters, and I know if my personal written thoughts were made into a book with thousands to read, I would hate it. But in a way, this can show people that Monroe wasn't just a pretty face, she was dealing with real life issues that go on today. Her life was so sad and tragic, it makes my heart physically hurt. She describes herself as being "restless and nervous and scattered and jumpy", but this photo didn't show that. She wasn't posing for a photograph, she's just being carefree as she reads a script, so I really fell in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Letters Overseas! We appreciate it so much.