Tuesday 10 January 2012

Inspiration: Maps, Maps, Maps

There is something about the world that is really interesting to us humans. I think we all have a little hint of wanderlust in us, and I bet we all would love to throw a dart at a map and go there tomorrow. But for now, I'm going to be gazing the world through art. I really enjoy installations of other objects into art, and something that is really inspiring me lately is the use of maps in art. 




This "Travel Wardrobe" from Annex is absolutely stunning. If I could afford one of these pieces, I would definitely buy the paris dress and hang it on my wall. 



I think wanderlust and creativity go hand in hand. With wanderlust, you have a desire to see the world; with creativity you have an ability/desire to create. I can't wait to incorporate my wanderlust with my artwork. Perhaps with a piece like this?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Letters Overseas! We appreciate it so much.