Wednesday 4 January 2012

Photo of the Day : Sisterly Love.

This is my little sister. I took these two photos as we were wandering around a Christmas Market and I really wanted to post it, because I think she is the most caring and wonderful sister anyone could ever ask for.



My sister and I have a very love/hate relationship. We can go from arguing about how she stole my enternity scarf, to giving hugs and laughing in just a minute. Sometimes I say things to her and she takes it the wrong way, because I really want her to be her own person and not worry about what anyone else is doing or what anyone else says, like I did when I was her age.  I think when she enters High School, I'll give her a letter in the style of "Dear Younger Version of Myself", filled of everything I know now, that I didn't know then. I really worry about her growing up in the world that we do. As someone who studies the media, I really hate the way girls are sexualized and how they feel that they need to look a certain way to be worth something.

But I need to remember that she has to grow up in her own way, at her own time. That is one of my goals for 2012. Build a better relationship with her, try to be nicer to her, and give her advice instead of being blunt. (For example... Today I made her eat sushi and she hated it. I need to be nicer!)

She is my favourite person, ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Letters Overseas! We appreciate it so much.