Monday 9 January 2012

Me to You: The Maine, Pioneer



So I may be a tad biased (due to the fact that they are some of the nicest guys and one of the best bands I've ever seen live!), and everyone is probably getting sick of me going on about this, but Pioneer, the new album from The Maine, is absolutely perfect.

It has been just over a month since it was self-released, (meaning that there was no major record label telling them what to do and how to do it), and I haven't stopped listening to it since. It's kind of a daily must to listen to at least a few songs, but I usually listen to the album straight from beginning to end.

If you have never heard of The Maine before, they are a band from Arizona who has morphed from a pop sound, like their album, "Can't Stop, Won't Stop", to more of a rock vibe, like their album "Black and White", and now, the most raw and real, their album Pioneer.

The first time I heard of The Maine was back in 10th grade. I will admit that I loved the pop sound back then, but now at 19, I have outgrown it, and it seems like The Maine has too. When I first heard Pioneer, the only words I could say were "Woah. Wow. This. Is. Good." The lyrics are more real, John O'Callaghan's voice is more raw, and it feels like you're going through a million feelings while listening to it.

This just proves to anyone that you don't need a major record label, co-writers, or auto-tune to make a good album nowadays.


Listen to: When I'm At Home, Like We Did (Windows Down), Thinking of You

Buy Pioneer here/here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Letters Overseas! We appreciate it so much.