Friday 17 February 2012

Me to You: fun.

You know when you get those cool free song cards from Starbucks? You basically just take it, even if you have no idea if you will like the song or not. That is basically how I discovered the band, Fun. Created after another one of my favourite bands, The Format, breaking up in 2008, Nate Ruesss moved to NYC and formed fun. with Andrew Dost and Jack Antonoff. Fun. is described as an "Indie pop/rock" band. The first song I heard from that little card at Starbucks, was "All the Pretty Girls", from their debut album "Aim and Ignite".



On February 21st, their second album, "Some Nights" will be released. I've had an early listen, and it's really good. The song 'Some Nights' is what I've been listening to whenever I walk to each of my classes at college. It makes you want to move and/or join a parade. The band already released the single, "We Are Young", which has already been used on Glee. Check it out below.


I plan on going to see Fun. this April in Toronto, and I'm really excited to hear this album live. Pre-order their album from iTunes here.

Listen to: Some Nights, It Gets Better, All Alright

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Letters Overseas! We appreciate it so much.